Tech Tools for Faculty and Staff
Tech Tools are lists of mobile apps and web-based technology tools that the USA library staff have personally vetted as tools that could be useful to you as faculty and staff members. At least the basic version of all the tech tools are free.
Calculate by QxMD - Clinical calculator and decision support tool
Guideline Central - Online and offline access to official clinical practice recommendations.
ICD10 Consult - Instant reference tool for ICD10 codes
Physical Therapy Tools
- Metronome - Helpful tool for gait training.
Occupational Therapy Tools
- Occupational Therapy Spanish - Spanish phrase guide for ascertaining basic patient information. Available for Android devices.
BlogSpot - Create your own blog or explore others'
Coursera - Free online courses on a variety of topics
FlipBoard - Create a personalized magazine reflecting topics that interest you
PubMed for Handhelds - Access PubMed on the go and save articles for reading later
READ by QxMD - Mobile app linking users to key medical journals
- diigo - Bookmark and organize online resources
- Mendeley - Reference manager and academic social network
- Zotero - Citation management software (More info)
TED - Short, powerful talks on a variety of interesting topics
3D Brain - Interactive brain map with information about case studies, brain damage, and other research
Canva - Browser-based graphic design tool with library of images, templates, etc.
MedPix - Open-access online database of medical images, teaching cases, and clinical topics
Poll Everywhere - Poll your class using text messaging
- Educreations - Record your iPad screen, with whiteboard tools, and share
- Emaze - Professionally designed presentation templates for your content
- Haiku Deck - Instant presentations, just add content
- Prezi - A more creative alternative to PowerPoint
- Jeopardy Labs - Use a ready-made Jeopardy-style game, or create your own
- Quizlet - Flash cards, tests, and study games
Remind - Stay in touch with your students via text message
SimpleMind - Mind mapping tool for iPhone or iPad
Skyro Voice Recorder - Create digital sound recordings with a smartphone
CamScanner - Manage and share documents in the cloud
Cloud Storage - Save your documents online; access them anywhere:
IFTTT (If this, then that) - A multipurpose tool for controlling your smartphone (e.g. If my phone is connected to USA wifi, then put phone on vibrate)
LiveBinders - Manage e-resources and create portfolios
Padlet - A virtual bulletin board to collaboratively share links, images, videos, and other files
Pocket - Save online content to view later
Print Friendly - Make any web page print friendly
Productivity and Collaboration Tools: